Little Learners Educational Center Inc. is a local daycare center in Arlington Heights, IL 60004. We specialize in infant daycare services for parents who reside, work or travel through Arlington Heights. Having had children of our own, we realize the treasure which you trust our staff with when selecting us as your infant daycare provider.
Beyond carefully selecting our staff, our safe and secure, state-of-the-art facilities is monitored using “secure” streaming web-cameras which are viewable online for parents who have interest in “peaking in” during the day.
Our infant room is stocked with toys and learning materials that are selected specifically for infants.
- Infant room cares for a total of 8 infants ages 6 weeks to 15 months with an Infant to teacher ratio of 4 to 1
- Classroom has a secure streaming web-camera which is viewable online for parents to see how their child’s day is going
- Infant room provides a warm homelike setting
- Infants will have a teacher who has the main responsibility for the care giving and developmental activities individualized for your child
- Teachers have early childhood educations
- Develop trusting relationships with adults
- Individual schedules
- Opportunities to explore their environment
- To be respected for their abilities
- To be loved by the adults in their lives
- Young infants need to be talked to, sung to, held, and rocked
Your baby is ready to explore the new world around them and to assist them your child’s teacher will create a development plan that is specific for your child, including large and small motor activities, music/art, nurturing time. Your child will have the opportunity during the day to participate in group activities as well as independent play. Little Learners has created a developmental checklist that assists teachers in preparing an individualized developmental plan. Your child will participate in each of these activities during the day based on your child’s sleeping and eating schedule.
Large Motor Activities
- Tummy time
- Soft spaces for crawling and low climbing equipment
- Large soft blocks
- Toys for pushing or pulling
- Age appropriate toys are placed within the reach of young infants for them to bat
- at, manipulate, and observe
Small Motor Activities
- Simple puzzles with large knobs
- Wooden alphabet blocks for stacking and knocking down
- Singing Songs
- Infant games such as Peek-a-Boo, This Little Piggy
- Simple art activities for older infants
- Age appropriate musical instruments
- Holding and/or rocking child when being fed bottles
- Staff will hold, rock, and sing to young infants
- Teachers take advantage of care taking activities such as diapering to talk to and
- interact with infants
- Infant teachers talk to the infants about what is going to happen before and
- during care giving activities.